This mantilla veil is also a blusher veil. The bride needed a lace veil with a separate blusher. The blusher veil is a detachable veil in the traditional shape – style. It’s only 36 inches wide with lace around the bottom and only part way up the sides.
The mantilla veil is a fingertip length, a circle with a 48 inch diameter. The bride wanted some body – fullness at the top, so it is gathered a bit at the comb. The lace was provided by the customer, we shopped together and found this beaded lace on eBay.
The blusher attaches under the comb hidden in front, and is easily detachable without disturbing the hairstyle. A detachable blusher can be done for any style veil. Ask us for a detachable blusher.
- Lace veil without the detachable blusher. Notice there’s a bit of fullness near the top. That’s from a little gathering at the top, requested by the bride.
- Fingertip Mantilla veil with the blusher attached. Blusher veil is the traditional shape, gathered all the way across the top edge but it’s extra sheer 36″ wide (compared to normal sheer of 54″), so it blends in with the mantilla.
- Here’s a look from underneath, the comb is hidden under the lace, but here it’s tilted so you can see. The mantilla falls to the back of the hand. The hand is where the head would be. The blusher is the gathered part in front.
- The blusher veil attaches with a narrow 1/2 inch strip of Velcro. Here is is being removed, it will simply pull off without disturbing the hair.
- View from the top of lace mantilla while the detachable blusher veil is being removed from underneath.
- Mantilla veil top view with blusher removed. Notice how ihis mantilla has some gathering at the comb, most do not. It can be requed if you want a little body at the top.